This online interactive and NBAA-approved Professional Development Program (PDP) course covers the Business Management 2 (BM2) objective in entirety. The BM2 objective has six sub-objectives. Each sub-objective has a video lesson, ebook, and bonus audio MP3 of the video lesson. The course includes quizzes, discussions, and a certificate of completion. Completion of the course requires approximately 3.5 hours. It need NOT be completed in one sitting.
Topics covered in this course:
- a. Recognize applicable Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) requirements and issues (e.g., cost sharing, operational control, foreign registered aircraft)
- b. Recognize applicable international and federal tax implications (e.g., international value added taxes, federal fringe benefit rules, expense disallowance rules, characterization of employee for tax calculations)
- c. Recognize applicable state and local tax implications (e.g., registration fees, property taxes, sales and use taxes)
- d. Recognize risk management considerations (e.g., applicable liability, property and worker's compensation insurance coverages, acceptable risk tolerances and mitigation, principles of valuation, business continuity)
- e. Identify components necessary to develop and implement corporate policies and strategies (e.g. time share agreements, SIFL)
- f. Describe the applicable aviation authority, tax and risk management considerations to company subject matter experts